An essential objective of designing a kitchen for the outdoors is being mindful of how indoor and outdoor features and color palettes can flow to create a cohesive space. When choosing a color, it is vital to consider not only hues, but durability and lasting appearance of the finish.
Weather and everyday wear-and-tear can negatively affect the stainless steel finish on outdoor cabinets by contributing to corrosion, rust, scratches, and stains. A powder coat finish is highly recommended to minimize maintenance and contribute to a durable, long-lasting product. This type of coating can withstand all the outdoor elements, including wear and tear, and also allows for customization with a variety of colors.
Powder coating is the process by which dry colored powder is deposited onto a surface – in this case, metal – using electrostatic charges, which allows for an even powder-coated finish. The surface is then heated to a specific temperature and cured to form a durable layer. A powder coat finish is a tougher and more protective finish than other conventional paint options.
Brown Jordan Outdoor Kitchens has over 20 years of experience working with designers to provide the latest environmentally friendly technology for powder coat types with an industrial, concrete-like texture that meshes well with the feel of the outdoors. We offer a rich palette of color options in our powder coat finishes to suit a wide range of personal and professional aesthetics.
The powder coat colors offered in wood grain provide the perfect opportunity to effortlessly blend the design of a typical indoor kitchen space with the woodsy feel of the outdoors. While real wood has drawbacks – such as requiring consistent exterior maintenance with paint or stain – the wood grain powder coated finishes offer the look and style of real wood while providing complete protection and a lasting finish.
- Teak – a classic shade that has been used in boatbuilding for over 2,000 years and is popular for boat decking and cabinetry.
- Drift – a neutral and calming grain of dark and light beige that would complement many styles and palettes.
Moody Blue and Neutral Hues
Neutral hues and rich blue shades are classically suitable for creating an inviting, relaxing space in the great outdoors. Color vibrancy and saturation are ideal for that rich, luxurious feel.
- Pearl Night Blue, a pearly rich blue that is popular in coastal settings.
- Mica, a neutral dark grey with plenty of shimmer to reflect the light.
- Midnight Matte, a traditionally classic black that is a staple in many color palettes.
- Nu-Black Hammertone, a black-grey that always stands out in outdoor lighting due to the natural depth and dimension from hammering.
- Slate, another grey neutral shade that is particularly popular in the quaint areas of New England.
- Seashell White, an always classic shade of white with a satiny finish.
Metallic shades are some of the most unique options for powder coat finish colors. While mimicking the shine of natural stainless, they also provide that durable finish, creating a clean and striking outcome in the sunlight.
- Metallic Bronze Matte, a neutral grey-brown with a subtle shimmer.
- Champagne 304, a beautiful metallic beige with a pink undertone.
Regardless of one’s color preference or palette options, choosing to powder coat stainless cabinets in an outdoor space is a no-brainer. This type of coating allows for plenty of protection to withstand weathering with a durable and vibrant finish. Brown Jordan Outdoor Kitchens offers a wide array of powder coat color options that would be sure to suit any aesthetic.
All colors are available for review on the finishes page.